I wanted so badly to be involved in my project. And I was sometimes! My brother-in-law and my old friend from way back when were my framing contractors and they were both very good about showing me how to do things and patiently watching while I screwed it up, and then fixing them.
Things I'm proud of:
- I made the cuts for every single stud wall on the upper section of my house!
- I helped shingle the entire front of the house (the short part)!
- I used a sawzall and cut stuff!
- I ripped boards!
- I routered the holes for some of the stair treads!
- I used a nail gun!
- This photo:
- I painted a lot of the exterior of the house.
- I painted almost all of the fascia boards - which included one coat of primer and two coats of black paint, all outside during the month of March:
But mostly, they just sent me to Menards to pick up stuff that I didn't know what it was. And so I have tons of photos on my camera like this which I would then text to the guys to see if what I was getting was right:
Which, by the way is a VERY IMPORTANT JOB AND NOT EVERYBODY CAN DO IT.