Friday, January 30, 2009
"Mom and dad are thinking about getting me my own..." (and I'm thinking "Bedroom?" "Cell phone?" "Hat?"
Back to story:
"Cupboard. Except it's gonna be awesomer than Miyo's. We're gonna put tiny little posters on the wall."
Thursday, January 29, 2009
- I don't like being alone. But I live alone. So I beg people to come over all the time.
- I am 32 in June.
- I hate sticking my hand in the sink to unplug food from the drain. So I just do dishes by running water the whole time and not plugging the sink. But I don't believe in wasting water. This is a crisis of my conscience.
- I saw a girl with 2 heads today. One body.
- I have seen every episode of the Golden Girls.
- I am super responsible. Sometimes.
- I want to help everyone.
- Nobody wants my help.
- I never clean my room.
- I hate it on Lost when the people don't talk to each other about the crazy thing that just happened. Just once I'd love to see somebody say, "wasn't that weird?!"
- My favorite movie is Better Off Dead.
- My favorite song is Your Love is Lifting me Higher by Jackie Wilson.
- I am 45 minutes late to work every day.
- I do most things out of obligation.
- Beth Lindahl and Charli Taylor have babies! But not me, and I am jealous.
- I ran three marathons in one year.
- My little sister can beat me up.
- Daniel Tosh thinks my voice is "shrill".
- I fear silence. And so I end up revealing too much about myself.
- I want to slap people's butts when I walk by them, in a gesture of friendship.
- I came up with the phrase "Osama Been Bombin'" and thought it would be all over the papers on 9/12, but it didn't really catch on.
- I love traveling but I hate flying.
- I spend 10 minutes per day pinching every pore on my face, hoping for an amazing explosion.
- I once pooped in a ziplock bag.
- I once pooped in my hand.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Kasey: "Kady is your favorite. You always side with her in every fight. Just admit it. Admit it. Admit Kady is your favorite. ADMIT IT."
Mom (screaming): "KADY'S NEVER BEEN MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!"
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
We fit six chairs in my car! Well they were boxed up and require assembly...but they should be cute.
I'm excited to trash this old sucker. Out with the old and in with the new. Just kidding. I'll sell the old on Craigslist...we've had some good times around this ol' thing, huh?
But, no more crowding six people around a tiny round table!! YAY!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Step Three: eat. **Cheesy potatoes on the right can be made by taking one pound of hash browns, one pound of light cottage cheese and two pounds of grated cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for about an hour. Thanks Mark and Amy for bringing those over. YUM.
Step four, save those bones and make a yummy broth for chicken noodle soup because you are sick and it will taste good.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
And here is Cory, using his new invention, "The Baby Llama Tent Chair Blow Dryer Heating Mechanism":
Her mother has abandoned her and despite attempts to reaquaint them, lil' baby is on her own. Cory and Rhonda take turns doing every-two-hour bottle feedings. He gets up in the middle of the night and feeds her and cleans her up and makes her comfy.
And here is Cory, lovin' on his little girl, who he named "Dhali Llama" and affectionately calls, "Dhali the Drama Llama":
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
And then it was time to take another break. We had some more beers, and went out one last time.
Pretty fun. Tired and sore. But a good day. And then we headed back to Shea and Lena's place for some fun times and baby-holding:
Monday, January 12, 2009
A girl walking away from the wall as we arrived was chewing gum and I was like, "free gum? Awesome!"
1. WHAT IS YOUR FULL NAME? Kady Diane Hexum-Gobel-Hexum
Sunday, January 11, 2009
The best tomato soup I have ever had:
Saturday, January 10, 2009
We got to the aquarium and basically paid $16 each to warm up. Cory goes, "that's like $1 a fish". And then he said for that price they should at least give you a sushi meal at the end of it.
They had two octopuses. They were complete Mush and very boring. Apparently they are cannibals and will eat eachother. A female octopus can receive a gift of sperm from a male octopus and decide whether or not she wants to get pregnant with that sperm. If another, more attractive octopus comes along, she simply discards the sperm from the lesser attractive octopus and impregnates herself with the sperm from the more attractive one. Genius!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
On the way up the elevator to the top, the woman told us that the Puget Sound has one of the world's largest species of Octopus. I thought that was weird. Here in the good ol' USA? Octopus. Preposterous!