I just found this old email that I typed up on 9/11/03. I was 26. Memories...
1. WHAT IS YOUR FULL NAME? Kady Diane Hexum-Gobel-Hexum
2. WHAT COLOR PANTS ARE YOU WEARING? Dark denim
3. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Some one is walking around in flip-flops. My stupid Basic Stretch instructor used to tell us in every class that she "loved the sound of flip flops." If anyone wore them to class, she would say, "you know what I like." And she said it every time like we all hadn't taken her class a thousand times. She also used to make us spread our toes out and every time she said it reminds us of her baby son and that makes her so happy.
4. WHAT ARE THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF YOUR PHONE NUMBER? 8745/0505/2177
5. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? A hand full of pretzels that the lady, you know the one, she's always got tons of food for everyone. Probably some attempt to make everyone like her, but you don't, you just use her for her food and candy.
6. HOW IS THE WEATHER RIGHT NOW? Fair to middlin.
7. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? I am on the phone right now with the loan officer that I absolutely hate and I'm trying to type so quietly and pretend I'm listening to him. I just said "mmhmm" to I don't know what.
8. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX? Wedding ring? Also their shoes, if a guy is wearing crappy shoes, he's not worth your time. ALL OF YOU ARE MARRIED, THIS IS NOT FAIR.
9. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT YOU THIS? Not really.
10. NAME A GOOD FRIEND? Alason Mc.
11. FAVORITE PLACE YOU HAVE VISITED: Oh I don't know there have been so many places. I really liked shopping in Rome, and shopping in London. Going into stores that are hopelessly expensive but shopping like you could afford it if you could just find something you liked. Riding bikes in the mountains in Austria was awesome, as was Oktoberfest in Germany. Laying on the beach in Mexico reading books. Golfing in Scotland. Sitting in a pub in Northern Ireland and talking to really old Irish guys for hours and totally enjoying the conversation. I love going to the middle of the town center (in any European town) and just sitting there, drinking coffee, watching the street performers and the air is crisp and you need a scarf. Did I mention I'm going to Prague in January? No? Oh, well I am. I am in love with San Francisco. Visiting Shanna and staying downtown and going shopping and laughing til your stomach hurts and raiding the hotel room bar and staying up too late and getting up at noon and walking out of restaurants with your bottle of wine hidden in your shirt hoping nobody busts you and laughing at how easy it was and how dumb we are and walking 20 blocks uphill in the middle of the night trying not to get raped but laughing because it's just funny. Big ups to Shanna Jackson.
12. FAVORITE SNACK? I like to eat avacados or a can of black olives.
13. FAVORITE PASTIME? I'm getting into running again. And reading. Other things I would like to have as a pastime but am much too busy: snowboard, play golf, learn to play piano, start a band, speak Spanish fluently, sit in my hot tub. I don't have one, but I wish I did.
14. FAVORITE SPORTS? I am not a sporty girl. But I like going to games, because there, most of the time is spent drinking beer and not watching the game. Did I tell you about the time that I spilled an entire tall plastic beer cup full of beer on a little boy sitting next to me? I felt so bad that I gave him my foam finger. Speaking of foam fingers, at the last Twins game I went to, Miles came with and was cracking us up the whole time. He had his foam finger on and was pointing at everyone and saying, "NOW YOU LISTEN TO ME!" Then he embarrassed me by saying out loud to Ben that he wanted a quarter so he could "put it in the bathroom thing". (I had just brought him to the bathroom and bought a tampon for myself.)
15. HAIR COLOR? Blonde. In espanol, 'rubio'.
16. EYE COLOR? Blue. In espanol, 'azul'.
17. HEIGHT? 5'3" In espanol, 5'3"
18. WEIGHT? 49 kilos. (I don't know I'm just kidding. Do not get out your calculators and figure out what that is in pounds because I just made it up.)
19. SHOE SIZE? 7. In a sandal, I wear a 6. I have to wear a 7 shoe because my feet are so wide. Like Fred Flinstone.
20. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? Diesel. That guy's gonna put me in the poor house.
21. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No. I tried to put Tara's fake colored ones in once, but it hurts so bad. Plus, I think she has a fungus.
22. SIBLINGS AND THEIR AGES: Kim 36 Scotty 0 Keri 33 Kelly 32 Pete 30and Kasey 24.
23. FAVORITE FOOD? Chipotle chicken burrito with lettuce, corn, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, don't be shy I love guacamole and you're charging me $1.25 for it!
24. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? American Movie. If you guys haven't seen it, I'll lend it to you. Truly one of the funnies movies ever made. One of those movies I could watch a thousand times. Along with all the Christopher Guest movies, Welcome to the Dollhouse, Cable Guy, etc.
25. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? 4th of July. I'm usually doing something fun and I love fireworks. I also do not have children or a HUSBAND so there goes that. I can tell you a day I hate. I hate December 7th. That is the day our fair country was attacked by the Japanese in 1941 at Pearl Harbor. And it's also the day I married a drunk pot-smoking abusive drummer. I also hate most of the days in January because it's so COLD, and there's no end to the cold in sight. Although, this year I'm going to Prague, did I mention I'm going to Prague?
26. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT? No, but that doesn't mean I go asking everybody out. I just don't want to.
27. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS BETTER? Happy endings. And sad endings. Anybody remember "Immortal Beloved" about Beethoven starring Gary Olman? Great sad ending.
28. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer
29. KETCHUP OR MUSTARD? Ketchup
30. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Chocolate. Anybody had the chocolate cake at Barbette's? To DIE for.
31. FAVORITE TV SHOW? Alias
32. WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU GET HOME FROM WORK? I eat. If you want to know what I eat, then come on over for dinner! I'd be happy ta have ya!
33. DO YOU WANT YOUR FRIENDS TO WRITE BACK? Uh huh. And give me some more detail. These one word answers have got to go.
34. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? They already did.
35. WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Not sure
36. LIVING ARRANGEMENTS? A house, and a dog and three roommates. Two of my roommates go dumpster diving for their supper, and wipe up coffee and koolaid messes with white hand towels. If you want more details let's go for drinks. Do I have stories! The other roommate moves in on October 1st.
37. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? "I Know This Much is True" by Wally Lamb and lent to me by Jason D. two years ago. I just started it on Sunday. So far, so good. Sorry Jason, I will return it soon, I promise. I am also reading the Bible. I wish it read more like a novel, because sometimes it's hard to stay interested. That's why I started in Matthew.
38. MOUSE PAD? Free from Dell.
39. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? I like to play Sorry and Monopoly and Life and all the games we had when we were kids. Whatever happened to game nights? I'm so alone. (Crickets). (Silence). (Awkwardness). Hilarious!
40. WHAT DID YOU DO LAST NIGHT? Watched three episodes of ALIAS first season DVD that I bought for $52 (what a rip), had dinner with Tara, drank two beers alone by myself in my basement. Is that weird?
41. FAVORITE SMELLS? AVEDA and Murphy's head.
42. FIRST THING YOU DO WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Get in the shower to try to wake up. Sometimes I switch it up and eat cereal first. Just depends on my mood. But I always shower and I always eat cereal. That doesn't change.