I know you all love a great Kady-trying-to-bike-to-work story:
Today I rode my bike in to work for the first time this year. It was pretty much the first really nice day and that is how fair-weather (haha, the use of fair-weather is actually literal in this context) my biking to work has to be. Sue me.
I didn’t get lost and that was a plus. BUT: I did leave the zipper bag open on my pack and somewhere along the way I lost the following items:
- My car key (one of those $500 ones, of course, and not the scratched up dented one I've been using all year, but the nice new perfect one)
- My house keys with a gorgeous JW Hulme leather fob my good friend Heather made
- CoverGirl Mascara (irreplaceable!)
- Key card access for work (what a hassle they made outta gettin' that thing replaced. Jeez!)
- Make-up powder brush
- I don’t know what else, that’s just what I think I’m missing
THEN, I took a shower in the 2nd floor locker room at my building and was all the way done when I realized I had no TOWEL. I had to walk bare naked from the locker room out into the connected 2nd floor Women's bathroom and pray nobody came in while I waved my hand in front of an automatic paper towel dispenser frantically trying to get enough paper to dry my entire body and my HAIR, while it dispensed only just a small chunk at at time, ten thousand times.